Starting Point for The Library of Pilgrimages with Space Place Practice



























In recent work, I have been exploring what 'safe', 'unsafe' and the state inbetween them feel like and mean to me. Safe and unsafe ‘spaces’ can be found in our every day experiences. A physical location, a word or a gesture can delineate the transition from feeling safe to unsafe and back again I created a safe/ unsafe space installation in January at Arcade Cardiff. Alongside the installation I also made a dance work exploring how during our everyday interactions we transverse safe and unsafe situations continually.

With art group Space Place Practice, I am developing a work of a group show, The Library of Pilgrimages. For my pilgrimage I want to do a walk and find 'safe spaces' in situ. these may be location or people. Where exactly I will walk, I am not sure. I want to do a circular walk, maybe more than once. I have been thinking about the bracelet of religious medals I made as a child. I gained these medals by reading in church. One of them had a piece of fabric attached to the back of it allegedly touched by the relic of St Terese of Liscieux. I want to weave in the idea of souvenirs of experience into the work…

Comments

Popular Posts